Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Your Love and My Due Diligence

Hello sadly neglected blog!

The title of this post, taken from the Lera Lynn song (jointly written with Roseanne Cash and T-Bone Burnett, I think) The Only Thing Worth Fighting For, sums up what I hope will be our relationship going forward. It's also my favorite line amongst many favorite lines in that song. You should give it a listen as soon as you get a chance.

Love and diligence are also themes that run throughout what I've been reading lately. There's  Kristan Higgins' IF YOU ONLY KNEW, the story of two sisters navigating the world of love and learning to stay true to each other and more importantly, to themselves. Next, there was Kate Meader's MELTING POINT, where Chicago firefighter, Gage Simpson, and renowned chef, Brady Smith, find meaning, healing and purpose in each other's arms. Let's not forget WHEN A SCOT TIES THE KNOT, Tessa Dare's latest wonderful addition to her 'ladies inheriting castles where shenanigans ensue' series. Madeline Gracechurch didn't think of the consequences when she created and then killed off, a fictitious Scottish officer/fiancĂ© until the consequences in the form of one Captain Logan MacKenzie arrived on her doorstep to claim his bride. Earlier in the month, I made all the good book noises when Robin Hobb's FOOL'S QUEST: Book II of the Fitz and the Fool Trilogy arrived via Kindle. Hobb takes us back to two favorite characters who are now older and sometimes wiser (and sometimes not) as they set out to retrieve or revenge the loss of their daughter, Bee. If I had two brains cells to rub together or any kind of self-control,  I would've waited until this trilogy was complete because the minute I finished it the whining for the next book began. It's like being a George R.R. Martin fan has taught me absolutely nothing.  I never learn.

I've also been writing, which, YAY for that because after some lingering health issues, writing definitely took a back burner position in terms of priorities. It was never far from my mind, but I just couldn't get it done. I'm happy to say that I'm feeling inspired and rejuvenated, so let's hope it translates onto the page. 

What have you been doing? Read anything good lately? 

No comments: