Monday, November 2, 2020

Whatcha' Reading?

 Hello hello!


Reporting from my blanket fort with a question. What's on your reading list lately? I'm hitting up some favorites like Katherine Addison's The Goblin Emperor and the first four novellas in Martha Wells' excellent Murderbot Diaries. The latest offering in the series is a full length novel, Network Effect and it's just as amazing as the preceding novellas. I absolutely LOVE Murderbot. Recently in a Smart Bitches podcast, I was able to pass along a question to the author about the title character's growth from robotic unit to an individual with all the flaws and feeling subsequent. If you get a chance to read them, you definitely should.



I've been listening to audiobooks and although I originally thought hearing someone else read to me would be distracting, I'm finding it soothing instead. My favorites are The Goblin Emperor, both of Madeline Miller's books--Circe and Song of Achilles as well as N.K. Jemisin's The Fifth Kingdom. When the narrators imbue so much nuance and feeling into the different characters, it really adds to the enjoyment of the text for me.

Enough about me. I hope you're all well and hope you'll answer my question. What are you reading?

No comments: