Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Great Interview with Lee Child

In my local Sun-Times entertainment Sunday section, writer Kevin Nance interviewed Lee Child, author of the Jack Reacher novels which if you like crime fiction, are a must. I was really excited to hear that Mr. Child was a fan of the John D. MacDonald novels and his unforgettable character, Travis McGee. MacDonald had such a way with words, that I fell in love with his writing long ago.

A funny story involving my shared love of the Travis McGee novels with my husband, involves him describing me to one of his friends who had yet to meet me (before we were married) and the words he lifted were from The Girl in the Brown Plain Wrapper (or was it One Fearful Yellow Eye?)--he said I was 'the color of coffee with two creams.' I just smiled at him and knew then that we were going to get along just fine.

No comments: