Sunday, July 30, 2017

Post RWA and a Daphne Update

So, this happened:

Early pages of my Historical romance, HIDDEN DEPTHS, earned third place in the unpublished Daphne contest this year. YAY!! Cue the confetti cannon :) I'm pretty thrilled that a story I started fiddling around with just to get my writing brain engaged once again, while trying to get past Hashimoto's brain (and I've got the oversized face to prove it), won a prize. Any prize. As you can see, I got a spiffy certificate, a voucher for a Coffin class offered through the Kiss of Death chapter and even a check that will buy me more than a few cups of coffee. On top of all that, the competition in the Historical category was serious. I mean, the talented lady who won the category has either been in the finals or won a bunch of other contests, so...Good on me for even making a showing. Progress my friends, progress.

The rest of the conference was also pretty awesome and once I've had a chance to decompress, I'll come out and share some of the highlights.




1 comment:

Pamala Knight said...

Hi there! Thank you for the kind words about my very neglected blog. I'm glad you enjoyed my posts. As far as other blogs, I'm sorry. My posts are all over the place and mainly geared toward writing and my other interests (fashion, tennis).

I'm sure a google search of blogs might turn up something. Good luck in your search and again, thanks for visiting and commenting.